A healthy, prosperous region is one that recognizes the significance of its workforce and invests in the success of those living there. That’s what makes WAPDD’s role under the Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA) in Western Arkansas so critically important.
Some of the goals of this effort include:
- Increasing the incomes of Arkansans faster than the national average.
- Expanding entrepreneurship, especially of knowledge-based enterprises.
- Creating a competitive labor force for businesses, including an effective business retention strategy.
- Approaching economic development in a way that meets the specialized needs of the various workers and businesses operating in the region.
- Expanding post-secondary training so more workers enter the workforce equipped for the jobs of the future.