Frontier MPO receives receive technical assistance from the Federal Highway Administration and the Federal Transit Authority
We are pleased to announce that Frontier MPO is one of six agencies selected to receive technical assistance from the Federal Highway Administration and the Federal Transit Authority for the Rogers Corridor Multimodal Community Connections Planning Framework project. Key partners in this effort include Fort Smith Transit, Mercy Medical, Fort Chaffee Redevelopment Authority, local jurisdictions among many others. The purpose of this effort is to understand the link between the density of multimodal facilities (transit, sidewalks, bicycle facilities) on Rogers Avenue as it relates to missed medical appointments, access to healthcare, education, and jobs. As part of this work, we will identify key stakeholders, partners, and databases. The project will encompass Rogers Avenue from Garrison Avenue in Fort Smith, AR to Strozier Lane in Barling, AR. Below is the list of agencies selected for technical assistance.
• Caltrans and San Luis Obispo Council of Governments
• Frontier Metropolitan Planning Organization
• McLean County Regional Planning Commission
• Prince George’s County Department of Public Works and Transportation
• Summit County Department of Regional Transportation Planning
• Texas Department of Transportation Houston District Office